It doesn’t need to take a lot of time, effort, or money to build a professional looking website. Popular website builders like Wix and WordPress have made it easy for even first time users to easily build their websites depending on their specific needs.
Over the past years, the website-builder industry has expanded significantly, and choosing the best solution to use can be daunting. But the complexity and development means you have more options than before, and you can easily find the right website builder suited to your needs and goals.
It’s true that tons of website builders have popped up. Those top website website builder choices are typically a decent starting point — but even them are not exactly perfect for every setup the customers plans to have.
Now you can present your services or business easily and professionally without being a web developer, adequate coding skills or having to know languages like HTML, PHP or CSS. Among all the emerging website builders, how can you know what would be best for you?
What can you create with Website Builders?
The easiest way to set up your website using a decent website builder. Many free and paid website builders provide easy, drag-and-drop features which make it simple and easy to create a website. Not all website design resources are equal, however. Some of them are more versatile and/or more dependable than others.
Website builders are online solutions that help you create your own website quickly , easily and without any trouble. They are more budget-friendly alternative than hiring a web developer, and you don’t even have to learn how to code at all! This is a perfect solution to start a website for individuals and small businesses without recruiting a developer.
Website builders are ideal for small businesses, photographers, webstores, restaurants, hotels, clubs and associations.
Absolutely you can build anything just by using Website Builders. Whatever your ambitions are, there’s still a website builder for you out there, even if you don’t know how to code or have not been looking for a developer. Although, it can be difficult for beginners to find the right website builder.
What to look for a Website Builder?
We recommend that you plan first what you want to achieve with your website before evaluating the top website builders. What are your objectives, and what features do you want to have on your website? You need to make sure the website builder that you choose can handle your needs as your business grows.
Most website builders provide a drag-and-drop user interface for building your site. The trial versions can be used to test the tool before you make the purchasing decision.
There are a couple of things that you should be looking into before deciding:
- Free Trial: Make sure there is a free or trial version available to test the tool. Most companies provide free plans or at least a policy of guaranteeing money back.
- Assistance: Determine the support capability of the website builder. This is very important especially if a technical problem suddenly arises.
- Price: Find out specific details of the pricing plans and extra costs ( e.g. domain name) for each tool.
- Features: Some of common things you might be looking for a website builder: easy to customize, SEO optimization capability, mobile-friendliness, online cart, picture galleries, advanced security, flexibility, template and designs, and etc.
- Domain name: Be able to connect domain names that have been purchased on another website, or to register a new domain directly within the tool.
That said, let’s take a look at the top platforms for building websites without hiring a developer and designer.
Top 6 Website Builders to use in 2020
WordPress runs a third of the internet, and it’s got the best content management system — all free. You’ll recognize some big names running their sites on WordPress.
WordPress has become more than just great content management tools. Various plugins offer endless possibilities to enlarge their applications for website creation. Creativity with WordPress never ceases to amaze entrepreneurs and business owners, hence, creating a freelancer marketplace platform is totally a thing you can do in WordPress.
WordPress is not a drag-and-drop, visual editor, unlike other website builders. Rather it is a form-based editor that separates pages content from the interface. Once you have your domain name and host, you will be able to install WordPress in just a few clicks. Simple as that! From here, you will be able to change the settings, menus, and page layout of your website and start creating contents. When it comes to running a content-driven platform, WordPress is the winner.
There are lots of guides on the internet, if you need help at any point. I suggest beginning with the help page for WordPress, which will address questions.
What we love most about WordPress?
- 35% of the web uses WordPress to power up their websites – from simply blog sites to webstores.
- Famous for their 5-minute installation process! Easy as 1-2-3!
- Free to download, install, use and modify it to match your needs.
- Very SEO-friendly and Mobile Optimized
- Huge WordPress Plugin Repository with over 55,000 plugins alone to help you enhance the functionalities of your websites.
- Incredibly easy to learn, which is one of the many reasons for its extreme popularity.
- Flexible framework which therefore allows designers and developers to create and modify their WordPress websites whatever they want.
- Huge WordPress Community with hundreds of thousands of developers, content creators, and site owners gather at monthly meetups in 817 cities worldwide.
WordPress can be used in many different ways from simple websites to eCommerce marketplaces and anything in between. From starting a blog, making an online store, selling digital products, building a membership website, selling online courses and many more eCommerce business ideas you can think of. Here is one article “How to start your Digital Downloads eCommerce WordPress Website” that could be of interest to you.
Wix is definitely the largest cloud-based website creator out there. Today they are the makers of the most excellent and powerful website. It offers ease of use, coupled with a powerful collection of features to make your website simple to create.
It also comes with hundreds of free and paid applications that you can use. These apps allow you to add new functionalities and features to your website. Some of them are created by Wix, and others are created by developers from outside parties, just like WordPress.
Wix provides a secure, bandwidth and storage package. You may also use this program to test their website builder for drag and drop options. It does not include a domain name, so you might want to move to a Premium plan if you want to keep your website.
What we love most about Wix?
- Over 160 million users proves its popularity worldwide!
- Development Speed is incredible! They are releasing awesome updates every now and then.
- Free reliable web hosting. You will not have to pay separately for hosting.
- Access to over 500 designer-made templates to make your own website.
- Templates are all fully editable with its intuitive drag and drops site builder.
- Features to easily optimize your website for SEO.
- With top security and a dedicated support team to help you along the way.
Since 2003, Squarespace has been around and created about millions of websites on their platform. It’s hard not to like their website’s clean design and potent aesthetics.
Squarespace comes with a high-quality domain hosting system. This stable and reliable platform helps you to concentrate without worrying about hosting, through your company. They also offer tons of designs for website startups. Both of these projects are completely designed for material of all kinds. They are completely editable and Squarespace even allows you to use multiple templates at once for the same website.
Where Squarespace really shines are its prototype designs – they ‘re the best on the market, and they’re great for creatives needing a visually excellent website. However, it isn’t a case of style over substance – Squarespace also has tons of features to give your site the strength it needs.
What we love most about Squarespace?
- Be able to create professional looking and high quality websites.
- All-in-one platform gives you everything you need to run your business.
- Built-in Powerful Marketing Tools especially using Squarespace Email Campaigns.
- Get free unlimited hosting for newly-registered users.
- Top-of-the-line security measures to secure your data.
- If you get stuck somewhere, there are tons of resources all over their websites and the net to reach out for.
- Personalized support around the clock by email, live chat, or by joining a live webinar.
Weebly is another big name in the world of website building offering a powerful editor and a capable set of functions. There’s a free plan that’s the same as Wix which restricts up to 500 MB of space which puts advertisements on your screen.
The service offers hundreds of web templates which are professionally designed, which can be used for any type of website. The drag-and-drop editor is smoothly built, but you don’t have full control about where you can position elements on the screen, and the interface can seem a little confused.
Weebly is a good option for those who might be more time-limited, and its trade options outshine competitors such as Wix and Squarespace.Also, Weebly even provides the option to access site files so you can switch to another host, a rare site builder scenario.
What we love most about Weebly?
- Customizable web page designs and useful tools to build your website.
- Expert starter guides and planning tools to learn how to build and launch your website
- All-in-one powerful eCommerce tools to simplify order management, shipping, and payments.
- Integrated marketing tools, from Facebook ads to automated email campaigns.
- Very stylish templates, and easy access to free images for your site.
GoDaddy is one of the market’s leading domains and hosting businesses. They have every product you can think of which are related to the website in their portfolio so it’s no surprise that a website builder is also available.
GoDaddy, however, is not the best choice for powerful or complex websites – it can offer speed and simplicity, but they might not be the best choice to build a truly custom website. It isn’t as rich and versatile in function as most other website builders on this list. It offers a limited set of features with less optional design.
What we love most about GoDaddy Website Builder?
- Very user-friendly, and is the fastest outright website builder.
- With Design Assistance to easily help you build your website tailored to your needs.
- Simple layouts and guidance on adding elements to your site
- Extremely straightforward and speedy building process.
- Built-in tools help your business get found on Google, Facebook and beyond.
- Websites + Marketing lets you manage it all from one dashboard.
- Watch your business grow with GoDaddy InSight™.
Conclusion: WordPress is our Top Website Builder
For anyone looking for an easy and quick way to build a website there are more than a handful of excellent options out there. After looking closely at all the popular website builders, we believe WordPress beats them all in overall performance, user-friendliness, price and flexibility.
WordPress is a perfect choice for both beginners and experts, especially developers. Some of the top brands in the world make use of WordPress on their websites. I recommend building it with WordPress if you have a content or product website — with a template, it’s not drag-and-drop because it’s already pre-built, making the building process a lot simpler.
WordPress has become more than just excellent content management tools and makes it quite affordable to start any website. Various plugins offer endless possibilities to enlarge their applications for website creation. Moreover, it is a great content management tool and you will need to work on getting traffic through a great web presence and SEO.