- Key plugin for any multi-vendor marketplace
- Instant payments to third parties
- Splits revenues instantly and automatically
- Payments split with up to 6 receivers
- Avoids countless hours of admin work paying commissions to vendors manually
- A true time-saver
- Works best with Frontend Submissions (FES) and Commissions plugin from EDD
Unfortunately, PayPal no longer accepts new application for PayPal Adaptive payments gateway. PayPal Adaptive payments gateway can still be used by existing users but not by new users anymore. We are currently investigating this, so if you are interested to be notified when an alternative solution becomes available, kindly drop us an email.
PayPal Adaptive Payments plugin is fully compliant with Strong Customer Authentication (SCA). We checked this with PayPal Merchant Technical Support (see also here). The checkout flow for PayPal Adaptive Payments is hosted on PayPal website and therefore PayPal confirms to take care of the PSD2 requirements. There is nothing to be done from the merchant’s end.
Notice: PayPal Adaptive Payments is previously owned by Easy Digital Downloads but as from May 2019, all rights to this plugin has been acquired by us, Plugins & Snippets. We are proud to continue provide support and future updates to this plugin. Valid license keys can only be purchased through this website.
- PayPal Adaptive Payment is a key plugin to use when running a multi-vendor marketplace.
- The payment of third-party revenue can be done instantly and it saves significant time.
- This plugin is a tested and true time-saver for all multi-vendor Easy Digital Downloads stores.
- With the PayPal Adaptive Payments gateway integration, you can easily split payments with up to 6 different receivers at the same time.
- You can set each receiver up with a specific percentage of the payment within the settings for this gateway.
- Also, you can determine whether you would like to use chained or parallel payments.
Please check out the PayPal Adaptive Payments Setup page for more explanations on how this plugin works.
Automate your Digital Product Marketplace
A great benefit brought by this PayPal Adaptive Payments Plugin is that it works best with EDD Frontend Submissions and Commissions extensions in operating your Digital Product Marketplace.
This works by automating your vendor commissions by instantly and automatically splitting third-party commission up to 6 receivers. This way, it will save you a lot of time in manually paying vendor commissions.
If you want to scale up your marketplace and want to work with more and more vendors, we strongly recommend implementing an automated solution brought by this PayPal Adaptive Payments Plugin.
Supported Currencies and Countries
Kindly take note that PayPal Adaptive Payments plugin has some limitations and restrictions which only allow the use of this plugin in selected countries and currencies.
The countries and currencies shown here may not reflect the most up-to-date supported lists of the merchant processor.
Here are the currencies which can be used in this plugin as mentioned on PayPal developer documentation:
USD, AUD, CAD, CHF, CZK, DKK, EUR, GBP, HKD, HUF, ILS, JPY, MXN, NOK, NZD, PHP, PLN, RUB, SEK, SGD, THB, TWD
PayPal Adaptive Payments is a sophisticated payment solution but it has only be released to be used by companies in certain countries.
Here is the list of countries we are aware of in which PayPal Adaptive Payments should work. Please double check with PayPal Support once more to be sure this information are still accurate before you purchase our plugin.
– Australia, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom, United States, Austria, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Brazil, Hong Kong, Switzerland, China, Poland, Turkey.
NOTICE: PayPal’s policy regarding the PayPal Adaptive Payments service is bit confusing. They do not actively promote this Payment Gateway and only permit selective customers to use it. Your PayPal account must be approved for use with Adaptive Payments before purchasing this extension. Accounts that have not been approved by PayPal for use with Adaptive Payments will not work with this extension. We recommend that you reach out to PayPal Support before buying this plugin. You can contact them in your PayPal Account or by reaching out PayPal Support at their website.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this plugin compliant with the new European Payment Services (PSD2) directive regarding Strong Customer Authentication (SCA)?
Yes our PayPal Adaptive Payments plugin is fully compliant. We checked this with PayPal Merchant Technical Support (see also here). The checkout flow for PayPal Adaptive Payments is hosted on PayPal website and therefore PayPal confirms to take care of the PSD2 requirements. There is nothing to be done from the merchant’s end.
PSD2 aims to protect European consumers from financial fraud. The directive also applies to businesses outside the EU as purchases made to EU customers can be refused if not properly authenticated (as one leg of the transaction is based in the EU, see also PaymentsGuru. However, please recheck with your payments provider. PSD2 asks for using two out of three accepted methods to authenticate European customers such as methods related to (1) knowledge (something only the user knows such as password or PIN), (2) possession (something only the user possesses, e.g. a token) and (3) inherence (something the user is such as a fingerprint).
For further information regarding the PSD2 directive (Strong Customer Authentication SCA) see the two articles on Wikipedia with respect to PSD2 and Strong Customer Authentication and the EU Website regarding PSD2.
Why do I need plugin support?
Since PayPal Adaptive Payments is a very critical plugin for your website you may want to have somebody at hand to solve issues and problems that will possibly occur. Also, support is very important to ensure your plugin stays up to date.
I still have an active license key for this plugin but it says invalid. What should I do?
All license keys for PayPal Adaptive Payments Plugin are managed through here. You will need to get a new one.
What credit cards are accepted?
This plugin accepts all Major Credit Cards such as Master Card, Visa, American Express, Discover and Amazon.
What is the maximum number of receivers I can add?
You can only have a maximum of 6 receivers.
Do Customers need to have a PayPal account in order to purchase via the PayPal Adaptive Payment Gateway?
No, you can perfectly have them checkout as a Guest via PayPal Guest Checkout. However, this is something you need to request from PayPal Support as per default they will want your customers to register with them. So kindly contact PayPal Support and ask them to confirm that PayPal Guest Checkout is enabled so that any user can checkout without requiring a PayPal account.
How to contact PayPal and get your account approved for PayPal Adaptive Payments?
Best way to do this is to contact PayPal Support through the following links: Link 1 | Link 2
Simply ask them that you like to use PayPal Adaptive Payments Gateway and would need to know how you can get your account approved and what information they need from you. Better to ask two times and make sure you insist on getting clear answers from PayPal.
How can I configure the Sandbox Testing?
First, you need to create test accounts at https://developer.paypal.com/developer/accounts/create. You can see next steps on configuring the sandbox testing in our Documentation Page.
What should I do if the payment status is not updated from Pending to Completed?
You need to enable Instant Payment Notification (IPN). IPN is the message service that automatically notifies merchants of events related to PayPal transactions. You can visit this page to learn more about IPN. Also, you can have a look the the Plugin Documentation Page / Common Errors and Solutions section.
I receive PayPal Instant Payment Notification (IPN) Warnings. What shall I do?
You might need to recheck if your IPN listener is correctly configured and must be in the correct format: https://www.domain.com/?ipn=epap.
Also, make sure that your URL query is excluded from caching (Litespeed, W3, Cloudflare, …. etc.) and that your PayPal IP adresses need to be whitelisted (Webhost, Cloudflare, Wordfence). See https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-are-the-ip-addresses-for-live-paypal-servers-ts1056 sections notify.paypal.com and ipnpb.paypal.com.
Can I get my money back if I am not 100% satisfied?
Yes. We provide a money back guarantee for 14 days should you not be satisfied with our product and we will issue you a refund.
Will you charge me every year?
Yes. In order to receive updates and support we charge an annual subscription fee. However, you are free to cancel the subscription at any time.
I need further support on how to use this, can you help?
Yes. Kindly contact us and we will do our best to help you set this up.
You can get your plugin below!
Note: All paid subscriptions below includes the latest plugin version as well as plugin support and updates for 1 one year.
Single Site License
2-5 Site License
Unlimited Sites License
Plugin Meta Data
- Current Version 1.4.3
- WordPress: Tested up to Version 6.1.1
- Easy Digital Downloads: Tested up to Version 220.127.116.11
Version 1.4.3 – December 29, 2022
- Fix: Dependency issues with EDD
- Compliance checked for WordPress Version 6.1.1 and EDD Version 18.104.22.168
Version 1.4.2 – September 9, 2022
- Fix: Addressing php notice related to licensing system
Version 1.4.1 – August 31, 2022
- Fix: Compatibility issues with EDD 3.0
- Fix: General bug fixes
- Test: EDD 3.0 tests
Version 1.4.0 – August 2, 2022
- Test: Performed several tests for compliance with EDD Version 3
- Test: Performed several tests to reassure the compatibility with EDD Version 2
- Fix: General bug fixes
Version 1.3.7 – November 1, 2019
- Fixed Rounding error for fractional cart amount
- Compliance checked for WordPress Version 5.2.4 and EDD Version 2.9.19
Version 1.3.6 – June 15, 2019
- Added Spanish, German and French Languages Translations
- Compliance checked for WordPress Version 5.2.1 and EDD Version 2.9.16
Version 1.3.5 – May 7, 2019
- Plugin has been moved under the ownership of pluginsandsnippets.com.
- Support link, update server, and information updated to reflect new owner, pluginsandsnippets.com.
- Compliance checked for WordPress Version 5.1.1 and EDD Version 2.9.12
Version 1.3.4 – September 18, 2017
- Tweak: Updated referrerCode parameter
- Tweak: Updated author name
Version 1.3.3, September 15, 2016
- Fix: Miscalculation of first receiver’s total
Version 1.3.2, August 24, 2016
- Fix: Undefined index error
Version 1.3.1, February 10, 2016
- Fix: Remove ‘default’ in the switch method of the IPN
- Tweak: Allow 100% payouts with one receiver set to primary receiver
Version 1.3, January 15, 2016
- Fix: Conflict with Multi Currency and Currency Switcher plugins.
Version 1.2.4 – October 25, 2014
- Fix: Issue with timezones after time changes
Version 1.2.3 – August 26, 2014
- Fix: Issue with invalid email when trying to make a purchase
Version 1.2.2 – March 25, 2014
- Fix: Fees Payer variable missing on Preapproval api call
Version 1.2.1, November 5, 2013
- Fixed: fatal error during EDD upgrade
Version 1.2 – October 28, 2013
- New: Preapproval and Payment tokens to prevent the need for IPN
- New: Additional logging for payments and preapprovals
- Update: Remove unnecessary Meta Tags
- Update: Language files
- Fix: Issue where sender email was blank
- Fix: Incorrect filter name for filtering receivers
Version 1.1.4 – October 21, 2013
- Fixed a bug with cancelling payments before going through with the payment.
Version 1.1.3 – September 9, 2013
- Fixed an issue with the cart contents not getting emptied.
Version 1.1.2 – July 10, 2013
- Fixed: Fatal error: Cannot access empty property
Version 1.1.1 – June 20, 2013
- New: Added additional gateway errors.
- Fix: Conflicts with EDD 1.6+.
Version 1.1 – June 2, 2013
- New: Introduce separate preapproval processing function for use with other extensions.
- Fix: Make sure there are no errors even when PayPal marks a payment as success.
- Added an option to set who pays the payment fees.
- Initial release.
Write a Review
Other customers where also interested in...
EDD Enhanced Sales Reports Pro
The EDD Enhanced Sales Reports Pro Plugin offers additional analytics and reporting features to bett... Read more
EDD Landing pages for Categories and Tags
The EDD Landing pages for Categories and Tags Plugin allows you to edit Download Category and Tag De... Read more
EDD Custom Payment Status
EDD Custom Payment Status is a plugin for those EDD stores who have the custom requirement for payme... Read more
Freelancer Marketplace Plugin
A plugin that will turn your EDD WordPress website into a total Freelancer Marketplace. Be able to o... Read more
EDD Plugins Bundle
If you are looking for ways to enhance the conversion of your Easy Digital Downloads (EDD) WordPress... Read more