Currently, Facebook has more than 2.2 billion active members, and it remains one of the most widely used social media platforms out there. As an Easy Digital Downloads Webstore Owner, Facebook provides value more than just a social media marketing channel for your webstore. You can and also should join one of the thousands of public groups geared toward webstore operators who want management and industry insights.
Why you should join an EDD Facebook Group?
Joining EDD Facebook groups with other businessmen, owners, operators and developers can go a long way in helping to motivate you, guide you and give you ideas.
Just think about it. Why beat your head against the wall trying to solve a problem when some of other web store owners and operators have already gone through and solved that exact issue? Why not take advantage of their knowledge and do some networking in the process? Make some friends, find some mentors, and help a few newbies of your own?
So here’s the main reason why you should join an EDD Facebook Group:
- Get input how to solve common problems in EDD from same people who operate an EDD webstore
- Better understand possibilities you might not know about yet
- Learn new features that you can also apply on your own webstore
- Get to know additional marketing strategies and techniques to operate ones EDD webstore
- Learn how to best optimize your web store, just like the rest of the members
Making connections is the name of the game for any growing webstore owner. If you want to make it in this wide world, you can’t go in alone. Well, by joining Facebook Groups specifically, groups built around sharing all the best information out there about Easy Digital Downloads, marketing strategies, problem solving, best tools and plugins to use and many others, Facebook group might also be your way to grow yourself as a business owner.
Joining a Group
When you are looking for help with an Easy Digital Downloads problem, or just tips and strategies you want to know on how to operate your webstore well, it may seem like a good idea to post your request for help and tips in any WordPress group. But too often, a problem post goes unresolved because the group isn’t the best for your question.
There are a few ways to find an existing Facebook group. You can click the “Group” link under the word “Explore” on the left side of the desktop version your Facebook profile page. You can simply navigate to facebook.com/groups. Or you can just search and then filter the results to only show groups. Facebook also has a section devoted to discovering groups. It’s under the “Discover” tab on the group page. But, you can also create your own eCommerce group if you want.
What can you do?
As Facebook group campaigns are generally true of social media marketing and content marketing, this will require you to do some reading and sharing. If you want to make Facebook groups a useful part of your eCommerce journey, you will have to do the following:
- Always read the group’s description. In the description, Facebook groups will outline their group’s purpose and goal. Reading this first will help you determine if you’re in the right place before you start participating.
- Check out the rules. Most groups will have some clearly laid out rules of the types of posts they don’t allow. Many of these will relate to spam and self-promotional posts, and will also often indicate the type of behavior they don’t want to encourage.
- Post only relevant questions. Once you joined a Facebook group, make sure to only post relevant questions that you know members will be interested to read and answer. Not stock made-up questions, but questions that make sense in the context of the group.
- Share contents and ideas. This should probably be in the form of articles or videos from your website. But it may also be helpful curated content too.
- Participate and Communicate. This step if very essential in order to maintain an active and informative Facebook group, for the benefit of all members. Participate in the comment box, give your own suggestions, share knowledge and experiences, join the poll and others.
Now that you understand how to get started using a Facebook group, let’s dive into the groups we think you should take a look at!
EDD groups to join on Facebook
Below, you’ll find a list of the best Easy Digital Downloads Facebook groups. All of these groups have something vital to offer on your eCommerce journey, and are a great place to make friends and earn mentors in a variety of EDD related topics.
Depending on what kind of EDD web store you’re running, you can rest assured that at least one of these groups will fit your needs perfectly. So, without further ado, let’s get right into it!
- EasyDigitalDownloads – Group created on July 11, 2015 (350 members) This group talks about tips, tricks, buyer behavior, share snippets, and help each other out.
- Easy Digital Downloads Store Owners – Group created on April 7, 2019 (35 members) This group enables members to share their experience and learnings from operating their Easy Digital Downloads (EDD) stores in WordPress, and they especially look for ways to increase traffic, conversion and sales of our Easy Digital Downloads store and learn the latest marketing and growth hacks.
- Advanced Easy Digital Downloads – Group created on May 9, 2017 (12 members) This group is for developers & designers using Easy Digital Downloads in their solutions.
Conclusion: Get people to help you on your EDD journey
Have you already decided to join those EDD Facebook Groups above? Put in an application if they’re open to the public, shoot someone a message or reply to a comment. Introduce yourself, ask a question, and let people know about your personal eCommerce journey. If you already joined one, then you’re a step closer to getting the insight you need to create a successful business. After doing so, you’ll be well on your way to growing your skills and turning your business into the best it can be!
If by chance, you know other Easy Digital Downloads Facebook groups that we could add up on this list, please do comment below. Hope that by providing these groups where you can stay and be part of can make your EDD journey better and more enjoyable!