WordPress is a powerful Content Management System (CMS) that can cater to any type of business you intend to build. Do the research and you’ll be amazed at WordPress’ popularity among different types of websites and online businesses currently using it as their platform. The seemingly endless possibilities for creativity with WordPress never cease to amaze entrepreneurs and business owners. With the right combination of knowledge, expertise, plugins, and themes, there’s not a lot you can’t do with WordPress – from simple blogs to eCommerce stores, Online Marketplaces to custom web applications and many more!
Creating a freelancer marketplace is hence totally a thing you can do in WordPress. It allows you to make money by sharing your online marketplace platform. Due to low overhead costs, it has become a popular online business idea.
In no small measure, it became possible due to the numerous freelance marketplaces. Among the numerous freelancers, every client will definitely find the one that suits their demand regarding the skills, rate, and pricing. And even being located on different sides of the globe will no longer prevent them from cooperation. The modern web offers numerous freelance platforms, and their number increases annually.
Traditionally, custom solutions would be nearly impossible for the average person to create a Freelancer Marketplace. But with WordPress, just about anyone could take a crack at the next big online marketplace for just a few hundred dollars and the labor involved.
Growth of the Global Freelancer Industry
Freelance services have grown immensely over the past decade and is expected to further increase in the coming years. With such growth, it is predicted that freelancers will account for as much as 80% of the entire workforce worldwide by 2030. The so-called “gig economy” is no longer just another buzzword. With 57.3 million freelancers in the US alone (which makes around 36% of the total country’s workforce), there is no denying the fact that it is now the reality we live in.
Also, based on Upwork’s Gig Economy Statistics, more than 1 in 3 (35%) American workers freelanced in 2018, totaling 56.7M freelancers, nearly 4M more than in 2014.
What is a Freelancer Marketplace Platform?
Freelancer marketplace is like a meeting ground where qualified and skilled freelancers from anywhere in the world can find work and get paid. It is an online platform where businesses can find and hire individual contractors to do some work remotely. They act as an intermediary providing a safe and convenient way to contract remote experts for one-time projects.
Freelance websites like Upwork, offering a convenient, reliable, and easy way to access global freelance talent, have become very popular among digital businesses.
Some of the top freelance services marketplace are:
- 99designs (a freelance online platform for web designers)
Online freelance services marketplaces can vary depending on the type of work (one-time projects with fixed rates or ongoing hourly projects), services provided (engineering, design, copywriting, etc.), engagement models, geographical preferences, and so on.
Despite a large number of existing freelance online platforms, none of them are perfect. That represents an opportunity for a business to join in and develop a freelance marketplace that can close the existing gaps.
Why it’s still a good idea to start a Freelancer Marketplace?
You might think that starting your own Freelancer Marketplace at today’s eCommerce trend is no longer effective, taking into consideration a lot of website platform competitors that already excel in the web. But, you really don’t have to worry, because there are still reasons to why it is still a good idea to start a Freelancer Marketplace.
- There’s a good opportunity to start a freelancer marketplace for select niches. It is correct there already exist various freelancer marketplace out there, but what’s still missing are freelancer marketplaces that cater products and services for select niches. This could be a brilliant idea that can eventually lead you to start your own niche freelancer marketplace.
- Host a niche website that offers pre-vetted freelancers for certain tasks. This is a good way to attract clients and customers that prefers vetted freelancers to work for their projects, thus giving you more opportunity to start and work with a niche freelancer marketplace.
- While selling your digital products, there is still an opportunity for you to add a freelancing service on your website. This strategy will allow you to better monetize your digital product marketplace and earn more revenue by selling digital products and offering freelancing services at the same time.
If you want to maximize the possibilities and features on your Freelance Marketplace, using a WordPress Plugin is the best way to do it. Below are some of the reasons as to why you should use WordPress Freelance Marketplace Plugin in creating your own Freelancer Platform.
- Freelance Marketplace Plugins are specifically designed and developed after thorough research to cater to the requirements of people interested in building a freelance marketplace or other similar projects. Thus, it will have all the important features and capabilities to present you a Freelance Platform with the best possible structure.
- There is a rich Eco-system of WordPress plugins and codes available which can help you improve and optimize your WordPress Freelance Marketplace in any way you want.
- WordPress Plugins have the capability to help you with focusing on SEO and content marketing more. These are two very important strategies that will attract customers and visitors on your website in no time.
- Lastly, with WordPress integrating with other solutions and plugins wouldn’t be a problem. You can use several WordPress solutions all together if necessary which can help you improve and optimize your Freelance Services Marketplace website.
How to create a simple Freelancer Marketplace in no time
Now, if you have decided to give a Freelancer Marketplace a go, here are the things you needed to do in order to start building one.
- Choose your Domain Name
Picking a domain name is the first step in creating a website.
Your domain name, or URL, is what visitors will type into their browser’s address bar to access your site. You’re more likely to have increased traffic with a straightforward, easy-to-remember name. You can try GoDaddy and NameCheap to search and buy for available Domain Names.
- Choose your Web Hosting Provider
To have your website available for people to visit, you need a server to host it. A reliable hosting company is vital because if you are always having issues, you will lose users. Bluehost is an excellent choice due to its customer service and reliability.
Here’s a list of some select web hosting providers that you can use:
Web hosting providers are needed to keep your digital products eCommerce store online. Important here is to choose a web hosting provider not only for the price but also page speed, support, and additional services to ensure the website will not suffer any significant downtime.
- Install WordPress
WordPress.com is a free, third-party website builder and host. It makes up 29% of the world’s CMS. WordPress has been around for more than a decade and billions of dollars of development have been put into its creation.
Once you’ve installed WordPress, you’ll be able to go to yourdomain.com/wp-admin and log in with the username and password you chose.
- Choose your WordPress Theme and Plugin
You can actually choose any WordPress Theme and Plugin you prefer to use with your Freelancer Marketplace. The WordPress Theme only provides your website a startup look viable for a Freelancer platform. As for the Freelancer Plugin, there are also a number of plugin you can choose from to start with.
Conclusion: There’s an opportunity for Niche Freelancer Marketplaces
It is without a doubt that a freelancer marketplace business model is extremely scalable and can be applied to various business types and domains. That is why one good opportunity is to build a niche marketplace where you can specialize or even vet freelancers for certain tasks that could be an attractive model to various customers. Another good strategy is that you can have the opportunity to better monetize your digital product marketplace and earn more revenue by selling digital products and offering freelancing services at the same time.
Creating a freelancer website may let you feel intimidated by the amount of work ahead of you. But with the right tools, skills, and knowledge, you can afterward see your freelancer marketplace all up and running.
Freelancer Marketplace Plugin will help customers to build a freelancer marketplace leveraging WordPress and Easy Digital Downloads platform. It allows freelancers to find suitable projects, lets them bid by demonstrating their skills and expertise and for customers, to have an easy way to submit their products and find suitable freelancers.
The plugin was specially developed to help niche websites leveraging their network by offering freelance services to assist customers. As the plugin uses Easy Digital Downloads it can also be easily combined with selling digital products at the same time.